Sunday, October 9, 2011

Songwriters Showdown

So! I just competed in this songwriters showdown at Muse Muse and Cafe this week. It was a blast! I really got to see what other songwriters in the area are into and what's being made in Provo. There is some really cool stuff! My friend, Brady Parks, won the whole thing. He's AMAZING! Here's a link to his music >>click here<<  He's such a fun friend to have around. He really inspires me..
But that's the distressing news... I've only written one song since I've been here! I just have nothing to say! I don't know what's wrong! I'm just so..  blah lately. I'm starting to think college isn't my thing. I'm antsy. I want to write, hike, play and draw. I don't want to sit and study and listen to people talk at me. I like learning, but I don't like how much time I waste. Like the Hindu yogi told me "Don't let school get in the way of your education." But I need to graduate...  don't I?