Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Discovering a New Band

So this last Friday, my brothers and I went to go see Jack's Mannequin at The Black Sheep in Colorado Springs. And I fell in love with the opening band. They were so quirky and they really knew how to capture an audience. They told the background story or idea behind their songs, they offered a temporary tattoo to anyone who would submit an idea for a title to their next album and they even took a picture of the group, put it on their Facebook page and told everyone from the concert to tag themselves in it. They were honestly one the best I have ever seen in the way that they got everyone in the audience to participate and feel like they were intimately connected with the group themselves. I want to make everyone who hears my music feel like that! Because that's what it's all about anyway, right?
This is Matthew Frankel, the drummer, from Lady Danville and me, of course, sporting their t-shirt!